Friday, August 19, 2011

Peas-n-Carrots for Dessert? – Rat’s Restaurant

This week, I celebrated my 30th birthday!  It was a five day celebration starting on Friday, extended through the weekend, and ended with an amazing dinner with my husband at Rat’s Restaurant located in the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, New Jersey. 
The Grounds for Sculpture s a 35-acre sculpture park with two indoor museums, shops, a cafe and the fine dining destination, Rat's Restaurant.  Rat’s is designed to make visitors feel they have stepped into a village reminiscent of French impressionist Claude Monet’s town of Giverny.  It overlooks sculptures inspired by impressionist paintings and offers French cuisine.   
The dinner was amazing and I made sure to save room for dessert of course!  I thought their dessert menu was very interesting and offered a different spin on flavors of traditional desserts.  Rat’s also takes pride in offering foods from local farms and using organics.  Take a peek at the menu below.


My birthday dessert choice was Peas-n-Carrots.  I wanted to indulge in a dessert that wasn’t typical.  It was a carrot cake, topped with pea ice cream, on top of a rum crème anglaise.  It was absolutely delicious and I rate it 4 out of 5 ice cream cones. 




My husband selected the sorbet in the following flavors:  Lemon Spoom, Root Beer, and Coconut Mojito. 

Rat’s offered a magical ambiance for dining and was a lovely complement to the Grounds for Sculpture experience.  I highly recommend a visit to the Grounds and to try the decadent dessert offerings of Rat’s. 

1 comment: