Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Melt Bakery - The High Line - NYC


This past weekend, I spent the entire Saturday in New York City with one of my best friends, Trixia.  We walked from 52nd street all the way down to Chelsea to catch up, take a look at her wedding venues and simply enjoy the greatest city of all.  Our walk included a trek on the High Line.  It's a public park built on 1.5 miles of an abandoned, overgrown elevated railway.
As we walked the High Line, I immediately pulled Trixia to the side and said we MUST try this ice cream.  I stopped by the Melt Bakery Ice Cream Sandwich cart.
Melt bakery is a new and innovative venture developed by Julian Plyter and Kareem Hamady.  Julian is an experienced pastry chef and Kareem is an idea guy who has an ongoing quest for the world's most satisfying foods.  Some of the current flavors are the following:  



Trixia had the Cinnamax and I tried the Classic.  I tried both of the ice cream sandwiches and rate both five out of five ice cream cones.  I am excited to come back for my next walk on the High Line to try the Lovelet which has Cream Cheese ice cream and Red Velvet Meltcake cookies!







No comments:

Post a Comment